In honor of the toy cube's 40th anniversary, Rubix Cube will be attempting to break the Guinness World Record for most people simultaneously solving the puzzle.
The YouTube livestreamed event invites novices and expert puzzle solvers to join, with the hopes of reaching 20,000 participants. The event will be led and hosted by speedcuber Keaton Ellis, who can solve the Rubix cube blindfolded in 5.08 seconds.
In addition to this event, 40 cents from each Rubix Cube sold in the month of July will be donated to Breakfast Club of Canada. Those interested in joining the record-breaking live stream are invited to learn more about solving Rubix Cubes from online guides posted on the brand's website. This event will take place on June 25, 2020 at 3:00-3:30 p.m.
Rubik’s Cube is Attempting to Break a World Record
1. Livestreaming Events - Opportunity to create record-breaking livestream events to engage global audiences and build brand awareness.
2. Puzzle Solving Challenges - Potential to organize large-scale puzzle solving challenges to encourage participation and foster a sense of community.
3. Cause-related Marketing - Innovative philanthropic initiatives tied to product sales to support charitable organizations and increase brand loyalty.
1. Toy Manufacturing - Opportunity for toy manufacturers to leverage livestream events and puzzle challenges to promote their products and engage with customers.
2. Online Education - Potential for online education platforms to offer courses and guides on puzzle solving to cater to an audience interested in developing their skills.
3. Nonprofit Fundraising - Disruptive innovation opportunity for nonprofit organizations to collaborate with brands on cause-related marketing campaigns to raise funds and awareness.