Home to hundreds of high-rise buildings, Park Avenue in New York City is becoming fertile ground for the Roses by Will Ryman. The artist is working with the Paul Kasmin Gallery and the NYC Department of Parks & Recreation to breed colossal blossoms in the streets of Manhattan.
Ranging from 3 feet to 25 feet in height, 38 long-stem flowers will burgeon in bunches of six as a gargantuan urban garden installation. Including prodigious scattered petals along the sidewalks as well, the Roses by Will Ryman match the city's spectacular structural supremacy with brass, fiberglass and steel as a large-scale reference to nature's strength.
Photo Credits: Will Ryman
The Roses by Will Ryman Rise on Steel Stems in the Urban Jungle
1. Gargantuan Urban Installations - Opportunity to create large-scale outdoor art installations that enhance the urban landscape.
2. Colossal Sculptures - Potential for creating massive sculptures that captivate and engage viewers in public spaces.
3. Structurally-referenced Art - Innovation in art by incorporating materials such as brass, fiberglass, and steel inspired by the strength of nature.
1. Art and Design - Opportunity for artists to explore new avenues in creating monumental sculptures for public spaces.
2. Urban Planning - Potential for collaboration between urban planners and artists to enhance and beautify city landscapes.
3. Tourism and Hospitality - Opportunity to attract tourists and visitors by creating unique and captivating art installations in urban areas.