Revealed at CES 2015, Rollkers Electronic Shoes are a world first. The 'under shoes' consist of motorized wheels that are strapped to the soles of your existing footwear to help you walk faster.
As seen in the photograph by Laura Rosenfeld, the eRollkers are clearly inspired by roller blades. While various brands have experimented with wheeled footwear before (Heelys by Skechers, for example), Rollkers Electronic Shoes add a dose of technology-aided speed previously unseen in this area.
The "personal transit accessories" make wearers up to 7 miles faster. Ideal for those walking long distances, the transportation-assisting devices contain a self-sufficient battery. The eRollkers are fit for all sizes, do not require any training (unlike inland skates) and can be easily carried around.
Rollkers Electronic Shoes are Being Displayed at CES 2015
1. Motorized Shoes - The trend of motorized shoes with electronic wheels strapped to them is disrupting the footwear industry.
2. Personal Transit Devices - The trend of personal transit accessories that make walking faster is disrupting the transportation industry.
3. Technology-aided Footwear - The trend of technology-aided footwear is disrupting the fashion industry and creating opportunities for innovation.
1. Footwear Industry - Motorized shoes with electronic wheels are disrupting the traditional footwear industry and opening up opportunities for innovation.
2. Transportation Industry - Personal transit accessories that make walking faster are disrupting the transportation industry and creating opportunities for innovation.
3. Fashion Industry - Technology-aided footwear is disrupting the fashion industry and creating opportunities for new designs and developments.