Rocket League has taken the gaming world by storm, but a recent partnership with Hot Wheels has the popular video game branching out into branded Rocket League RC cars. The cars will come in two variations, both of which were based of the Octane and Dominus models in the game. The cars will not feature a physical remote and will instead be controlled with an accompanying app for smartphones and tablets.
The Rocket League RC cars will not come along, as an entire playing field and ball will also come with the cars. The Rocket League kit will allow users to play the virtual game in real life and is sure to bring about the same levels of excitement and panic associated with the video game. The kit comes with an over-sized ball and mat, which unfolds to look exactly like the in-game arena.
Image Credit: Psyonix, Hot Wheels
Rocket League RC Cars are Set to Bring the Frantic Fun into the Real-world
1. Branded RC Cars - The partnership between Rocket League and Hot Wheels opens up opportunities for other popular video game franchises to create branded RC cars and expand their reach into the real world.
2. App-controlled Gaming Accessories - The use of smartphone and tablet apps as control mechanisms for physical gaming accessories presents an opportunity for app developers and gaming companies to create innovative and immersive experiences.
3. Virtual-to-physical Gaming Integration - The introduction of the Rocket League RC cars and playing field kit demonstrates the potential for other video games to bridge the gap between virtual and physical gameplay, allowing players to bring their favorite games into the real world.
1. Toy Manufacturing - The production of branded RC cars and gaming accessories opens up new market opportunities for toy manufacturers to collaborate with popular video game franchises.
2. App Development - The trend of app-controlled gaming accessories creates a demand for app developers to design and optimize software that enhances the user experience and interaction with physical gaming products.
3. Gaming and Entertainment - The virtual-to-physical gaming integration trend presents opportunities for gaming companies to expand their offerings and engage players in new and immersive ways, creating a more integrated gaming experience.