Italian designer Roberto Cavalli has branched outside the fashion industry to work on interior design projects. His latest endeavour is opening a nightclub he would design himself. The first Cavalli Club will open in October 2008 in Dubai, a city where he's already designed a tower and residences.
"Everything will be Cavalli, from the furniture down to the ice holder and the dishes," he told WWD.
I can picture it now: wild leopard print couches, golden statues with emerald eyes, zebra skin chairs, giraffe rugs, plush fur carpets and drapes to separate private rooms in eye popping colours. Then again who knows how it will look, he could completely surprise the world and stray from his traditional design style.
He's so excited about the project, he's already announced plans to open additional clubs in Miami, London and Milan. Not only that, but he's considering turning the whole process into a reality show! He told WWD he's been working on a show in NYC with the help of Tyra Banks' agent.
Roberto's Cavalli Clubs (VIDEO)
1. Nightclub Interior Design - Roberto Cavalli's work on interior design projects for nightclubs, starting with Cavalli Club, offers a disruptive innovation opportunity for the hospitality industry to incorporate bold and unconventional design elements in their establishments.
2. Luxury Brand Expansion - Roberto Cavalli branching outside the fashion industry and creating nightclubs under his brand name presents a trend of luxury brand expansion, offering disruptive innovation opportunities for other fashion designers to venture into new businesses.
3. Celebrity Reality Show - Roberto Cavalli's consideration of a reality show about the process of opening his nightclubs presents a trend of celebrity reality shows, offering disruptive innovation opportunities for TV networks to create more engaging and interactive reality shows with popular figures.
1. Hospitality - The nightclub interior design trend led by Roberto Cavalli's Cavalli Club provides an opportunity for the hospitality industry to attract more customers by incorporating bold and unconventional design elements in their establishments.
2. Fashion - Roberto Cavalli's expansion of his brand into new businesses, starting with nightclubs, presents an opportunity for the fashion industry to explore new avenues for growth and innovation.
3. Entertainment - The potential reality show led by Roberto Cavalli offers a disruptive innovation opportunity for the entertainment industry to create engaging and interactive content featuring popular figures.