These scenic tapestries are part of the limited edition Robert McKinley X Aelfie collection, highlighting hand-crafted textiles that draw inspiration from the great outdoors. Featuring images of coastal landscapes, the tapestries are available in six striking motifs that include sunset and sunrise graphics alongside beach-side mountains and more.
Each piece from the Robert McKinley x Aelfie collection was "originally designed by McKinley for the newly-opened boutique property Hotel Joaquin in Laguna Beach" and can be purchased via the Aelfie web shop. The lifestyle retailer is known for its playful and eye-catching decor, ranging from statement pillows to vibrant rugs.
Every tapestry from the collection is made from 100% wool and is handwoven by artisans in India. Each is also made with three weaving techniques and hand knotting along with a traditional floor loom. Additionally, each design is part of a limited edition of 10 pieces.
Aelfie's Tapestry Collection is a Collaboration With Robert McKinley
1. Handcrafted Tapestries - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: Investing in traditional and/or eco-friendly methods of textile production to appeal to environmentally-conscious consumers
2. Limited Edition Interior Collections - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: Designing and launching small, exclusive interior collections in order to increase brand value and engagement
3. Nature-inspired Decor - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: Developing unique and visually appealing decor items with inspiration from nature to tap into consumer desire for calming and comforting home decor
1. Home Decor - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: Integrating eco-friendly and small-batch production methods to differentiate from larger-scale home decor retailers
2. Textile Production - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: Experimenting with traditional and/or environmentally-friendly textile production methods in order to engage with a growing global movement towards sustainability
3. Hospitality - Opportunity for disruptive innovation: Creating exclusive interior collections as a way to differentiate high-end boutiques from larger-scale hotel chains