This ricotta flatbread recipe created by the popular Italian chef Giada De Laurentiis makes for a simple and sophisticated appetizer at social events in the home.
The recipe begins with the host making the dough from scratch, which requires flour, baking soda, salt, butter, and a dough hook mixer. The dough is then to be grilled over a grill pan for four minutes on each side, and then finished with the topping mixture of whole milk ricotta cheese, olive oil, lemon zest, salt and pepper, fontino cheese, prosciutto and chopped fresh basil.
This flavorful Italian ricotta flatbread can either be chopped into small pieces and consumed as an appetizer, or can be served as a sophisticated pizza for dinner guests.
This Flatbread Makes for a Simple and Flavorful Appetizer or Meal
1. Homemade Flatbread - Opportunity for meal kit companies to offer DIY flatbread kits with pre-measured ingredients for home cooks.
2. Gourmet Appetizers - Potential for upscale restaurants to offer elevated appetizers featuring ricotta and other high-end ingredients.
3. Grilling Techniques - Chance for cooking schools and online influencers to offer classes and tutorials in grilling, particularly for flatbreads and pizzas.
1. Food and Beverage - Restaurants, meal kit companies, and grocery retailers can capitalize on the trend of homemade flatbreads and gourmet appetizers.
2. Cooking Schools - Cooking schools and academies can offer courses on grilling techniques for flatbreads and pizzas as an elevated cooking experience.
3. Online Learning - Online influencers and platforms can offer tutorials on grilling techniques and sophisticated flatbread and pizza recipes for home cooks.