Richard Nadeau is filling a niche so niche-y, I didn’t even know it was a thing. He creates custom designed taxidermy squirrels.
Want a wall-mounted squirrel wearing a hat? How about holding a gun (as seems to be his specialty)? Well, Rick’s Custom Squirrels has it all.
I personally enjoy the banjo squirrel, but to each his own.
Implications - The DIY movement has inspired a wave of self-made creations based on old artistic techniques. Taxidermy in particular experienced renewed interest during this period; in this niche, savvy artists "hacked" dead animals into personified creations, allowing consumers to purchase personalized taxidermy that reflects their interests and bizarre sense of humor.
Richard Nadeau Creates One-Of-a-Kind Taxidermy Squirrels
1. DIY Taxidermy - Custom taxidermy creations are gaining popularity as part of the DIY movement, allowing consumers to express their unique interests and sense of humor.
2. Personalized Art - Artists are using unconventional materials like taxidermy to create one-of-a-kind personalized pieces that reflect individual tastes and preferences.
3. Niche Artistic Techniques - Renewed interest in old artistic techniques like taxidermy is driving the creation of unique and niche art pieces that cater to a specific audience.
1. Art and Design - The art and design industry can tap into the growing market for customized and unique art pieces, such as personalized taxidermy creations.
2. Crafts and DIY - The crafts and DIY industry can cater to the demand for taxidermy kits and materials, providing enthusiasts with the tools to create their own personalized pieces.
3. Home Decor - The home decor industry can incorporate taxidermy as a quirky and personalized element in interior design, appealing to consumers seeking unique and unconventional decor options.