A Dozen Cousins created a trio of rice mixes inspired by the cuisine of the African Diaspora and the set is launching as a limited-time offering in honor of Black History Month. Each product in the set features a different heirloom rice variety and authentic seasoning.
In the Heirloom Rices of The African Diaspora, A Dozen Cousins features Brazilian long-grain rice in the mix that pays tribute to the African-inspired cooking of Bahia and Carolina Gold Rice, the first commercial rice variety grown in the United States. The third in the set, the Heirloom Ofada Rice mix, spotlights an unseasoned grain with a striped appearance that's equally as interesting for its nutritional profile.
In the 2020 Expo West NEXTY Awards, A Dozen Cousins' rice mixes have been recognized as a finalist in the category for Best New Mission-Based Product.
Image Credit: A Dozen Cousins
A Dozen Cousins' Heirloom Rice Mixes Revive African Flavors
1. African-inspired Rice Mixes - Opportunity for food companies to tap into the growing demand for African flavors and ingredients in the market.
2. Heirloom Rice Varieties - Potential for the revival and popularization of heirloom rice varieties that offer unique flavors and nutritional profiles.
3. Cultural Celebration in Food - Opportunity to honor and highlight diverse food traditions and flavors from the African Diaspora.
1. Food and Beverage - Food companies can create innovative products that showcase African-inspired flavors and ingredients.
2. Sustainable Agriculture - Opportunity for farmers and agricultural organizations to cultivate and promote heirloom rice varieties.
3. Culinary and Ethnic Food Brands - Cultural and ethnic food brands can create products that celebrate and showcase diverse culinary traditions from the African Diaspora.