There are countless crisped and puffed rice chocolate treats that have been launched over the years, but Theo Chocolate showed off a new puffed black rice chocolate bar at the Winter Fancy Foods Show.
The chocolate bar boasts a simple ingredient list with many organic and fair trade ingredients, including cocoa beans, cane sugar, cocoa butter, ground vanilla bean, as well as puffed quinoa for additional texture. The specific black rice included in the 85% dark chocolate bar is Lotus Foods' Forbidden Rice.
Black rice is an emerging ingredient in the health food industry, as it boasts some of the same antioxidant-rich compounds that can be found in everything from blueberries to grapes. Additionally, black rice is packed with dietary fiber, anti-inflammatory properties and numerous benefits for the health of the whole body.
Image Credit: Theo Chocolate
Theo's Black Rice Quinoa Crunch Bar Features Lotus Foods' Forbidden Rice
1. Emergence of Black Rice in Health Food Industry - Opportunity for companies to create more innovative and healthy products featuring black rice.
2. Fair Trade and Organic Ingredients - Potential for companies to focus on ethical and sustainable sourcing of ingredients and broaden their customer base.
3. Puffed Rice Chocolate Treats - Opportunity for companies to create new variations of this classic treat with unique and healthy ingredients.
1. Food and Beverage Industry - Opportunity for companies to create innovative and healthy snacks with black rice and fair trade ingredients.
2. Health and Wellness Industry - Opportunity for companies to promote the health benefits of black rice and offer natural and organic alternatives for consumers.
3. Sustainable Agriculture Industry - Opportunity for companies to source their ingredients ethically and sustainably, contributing to a more eco-conscious and responsible industry.