Alexis Ren, a 20-year-old model and social media influencer, recently launched REN Active, a self-named sportswear brand that's designed to suit the needs of female consumers who are looking for a balance between highly functional apparel and styles that they can wear out.
As someone who's been popular on multiple social platforms for some time now, it's likely that Ren's widespread fandom among younger demographics will result in a lot of sales. Currently, REN Active has amassed a following of over 76 thousand, and her personal account has over 10 million, where the brand is also being promoted.
Ren explained the direction of the designs by stating, "I want REN Active to follow my story. At 20, you don’t really know who you are. So I’m just kind of finding myself and as I’m doing that, I’m letting the brand grow with me."
Alexis Ren's New REN Active Brand Was Made to Be Endlessly Versatile
1. Versatile Sportswear - There is an opportunity for the athletic-wear industry to invest in versatile sports apparel that combines both functionality and fashion
2. Model-designed Brands - In the fashion industry there is opportunity for fashion-forward models and social influencers to launch their own brands
3. Personalized Branding - There is potential for the creation of personalized sportswear brands that revolve around the creators’ own individual stories
1. Athletic-wear - Athletic-wear companies should invest in creating versatile sportswear products designed by models and influencers in order to appeal to multiple consumer needs.
2. Fashion - The fashion industry should leverage the influence of models and social media influencers to create new brands that reflect their personalities and tastes.
3. Marketing - The marketing industry should recognize the potential for personalized branding in order to recognize the authenticity of the branding