Redemption Whiskey’s ‘Sur Lee Straight Rye Whiskey’ is created with the brand’s pre-Prohibition 95% rye mash bill. The ‘sur lee’ method allows the rye to develop complexity and enhances its flavor and aroma by being non-chill filtered before bottling. The whiskey boasts notes of buttery toasted marshmallows, maple, nutmeg, florals, and spice. Redemption encourages consumers to enjoy ‘Sur Lee’ neat or on the rocks so that they can experience the expression in all of its glory.
Tom Steffanci, President of Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits explains: “At the beginning of our creation process, we were curious to see what flavors would be imparted if we applied a technique similar to the French winemaking sur lie process to our amazing classic rye mash bill.”
The ‘Redemption Sur Lee Straight Rye Whiskey’ is available in NY, DE, FL, CA, TX, and MA, starting October 1st.
Image Credit: Redemption Whiskey
Redemption Launches the Premium 'Sur Lee Straight Rye Whiskey'
1. Rye Whiskey Renaissance - The increasing popularity of premium rye whiskeys opens up opportunities for new product development and unique marketing strategies.
2. Non-chill Filtration - The 'sur lee' method and other non-chill filtration techniques offer a way to differentiate products and create a distinct flavor profile in the crowded whiskey market.
3. Experimentation with Traditional Processes - As demonstrated by Redemption Whiskey and others, experimenting with traditional processes such as sur lie can lead to innovative and exciting new products.
1. Distilled Spirits - Distilleries can differentiate their products and create new rye whiskey expressions by experimenting with non-chill filtration and traditional processes.
2. Hospitality - Bars and restaurants can leverage the growing popularity of premium rye whiskey to create unique and exciting cocktails featuring non-chill filtered and sur lie rye whiskeys.
3. Retail - Retailers can capitalize on the trend towards premium rye whiskeys by offering a wide selection of products that feature unique and innovative flavor profiles created through non-chill filtration and traditional processes.