It’s glamour, it’s glitz, it’s fashionable, it’s hot, it’s red, it’s a carpet! The red carpet is the entryway for royalty; for the stars, it is the portal upon which non-mortals walk.
People gawk, gaze and go ga-ga; they look for guidance in what to wear and what not to wear.
Because the red carpet is synonymous with Hollywood and luxury, we all want to be in the limelight for a moment, to see the camera flashes, to be the oglee as opposed to the ogler.
For this reason, the concept of “Red Carpet Treatment” is not limited to Hollywood alone. Businesses of all types seek to capitalize on the mystique that is the Red Carpet.
There are carwashes, vineyards, bus companies, financial consultants, valets, realtors, aviation centers, hotels, and travel clubs just to name a few.
The Chicago Blackhawks, a professional hockey team in the NHL, welcomed its players for the first home game of the 2008-09 season in red-carpet fashion (even if they did lose the first two games prior to the event).
Perhaps the proliferation of red carpet entities is what Duran Duran really meant with their ‘Red Carpet Massacre’ album…
VIP Treatment Goes From Exclusive to Everyday
1. Red Carpet Treatment - Opportunity for businesses of all types to capitalize on the mystique and glamour associated with the red carpet.
2. Celebrity Influence - Growing influence of celebrities on consumer behavior and fashion choices.
3. Luxury Experiences - Increasing demand for luxury experiences and services that mimic the red carpet treatment.
1. Entertainment - Opportunity for entertainment companies to create exclusive red carpet events and experiences for fans.
2. Fashion - Opportunity for fashion brands to collaborate with celebrities and create red carpet-inspired collections.
3. Hospitality - Opportunity for hotels and travel clubs to offer VIP packages and red carpet experiences for guests.