Paper that could have ended up as the contents of a landfill is now Eve’’s Garden, a beautiful B&B;in a small town in Far West Texas.
It sounds like magic, but this charming Bed And Breakfast was built by Clyde Curry and his wife Kate, from the ground up using papercrete, which is made mostly from recycled paper.
Clyde mixes paper waste into a paste and then makes bricks out of it. His new formula even gives an afterlife to Styrofoam too.
"What looks like large, heavy concrete bricks are actually light and slightly spongy, but also ultra strong, fire resistant, and highly insulative," according to Treehugger.
Information on rooms and rates at Eve’s Garden, more pictures, and more information on the fast growing papercrete community is available at evesgarden.org
Eve's Garden Bed and Breakfast
1. Recycled Paper Construction - Innovative use of paper waste in construction projects, providing eco-friendly and cost-effective alternatives to traditional building materials.
2. Sustainable Tourism - Growing trend of environmentally conscious travelers seeking eco-friendly accommodations, creating opportunities for businesses that offer sustainable and unique experiences.
3. Waste Reduction - Increasing focus on reducing waste and finding innovative solutions to repurpose materials, driving demand for businesses that specialize in waste management and recycling.
1. Construction - Opportunities for construction companies to incorporate eco-friendly building materials and processes into their projects, satisfying clients' growing demand for sustainable construction practices.
2. Hospitality - Opportunities for eco-friendly hotels and bed and breakfasts to attract environmentally conscious travelers by offering unique and sustainable experiences.
3. Waste Management - Growing demand for businesses that specialize in waste reduction and recycling, offering cost-effective solutions for waste management and contributing to a more sustainable future.