Located in the city of Mumbai, the Collage House designed by SPS + ARCHITECTS uses recycled materials and solar panels to create a charming and highly resourceful space. Using recycled doors, windows, scrap metal and more, the patchwork design takes items from the past and combines them with contemporary pieces.
With the minimal concrete features and neutral colors that take over most of the house, the recycled items are featured elegantly without looking cluttered. The bright colored glass and wooden doors juxtapose their backdrop perfectly, separating the exposed concrete ceilings from the white marble floor.
The Collage House includes a private interior courtyard as well, where metal pipes are put together to resemble shoots of bamboo. Scraps of metal are fused beside one another to form siding for a wall in the courtyard and the rooftop features a glass pavilion with a solar panel roof where occupants can get a view of the city.
SPS + ARCHITECTS Designed a Stunning Home Using Recycled Materials
1. Eco-friendly Architecture - Architects and designers are increasingly incorporating recycled materials and sustainable energy sources into their designs, creating disruption opportunities for firms in the green building materials and renewable energy industries.
2. Upcycling - Using discarded materials and transforming them into something functional and aesthetically pleasing is becoming a popular trend and represents a major opportunity for companies in the reuse, recycling, and waste management industries.
3. Integration of Nature and Technology - The Collage House's use of metal pipes resembling bamboo shoots and the glass pavilion with a solar panel roof highlights an opportunity for firms in the smart-tech and natural materials industries to collaborate on developing more integrated designs.
1. Green Building Materials - As eco-friendly architecture becomes more popular, companies in the green building materials industry have the opportunity to create sustainable and innovative solutions to meet the growing demand.
2. Renewable Energy - The integration of solar panels by SPS + ARCHITECTS shows an opportunity for renewable energy companies to collaborate with architects and designers to incorporate energy-saving features into buildings.
3. Reusable Materials - The use of recycled materials in the Collage House highlights an opportunity for companies in the reuse, recycling, and waste management industries to provide more upcycled materials for construction and design.