A Florida Gulf Coast artist, Will Wagenaar, creates robotic sculptures from cast off materials and sells them on Etsy. His reclaimed materials robots are clever compilations of discarded and disused View-Masters, camera cases, tin canisters, old binoculars and just about anything else you can think of.
Some of the creations double as storage, while some roll on wheels. Each is a one-of-a-kind creation, and each signed and dated underneath.
Implications - Will Wagenaar promises that each item is made out of 100 percent recycled metal and scraps. His robotic creations are actually quite adorable and even have names such as MITZY the Rolling Robot Dog and Boogie Boots, who is a robot that can dance.
Etsy Artist Turns Junk into Artful Sculpture
1. Reclaimed Materials Robotics - Artists and entrepreneurs can explore creating robots using recycled materials to create sustainable and unique products.
2. Handmade Robotics - The trend of handmade products can be extended to robotics, creating a new category of handmade robotic products.
3. Upcycling Art - The upcycling art trend can inspire businesses to explore creating products from discarded materials, in turn reducing waste and producing sustainable items.
1. Art and Craft Industry - Artists and entrepreneurs in the art and craft industry can incorporate reclaimed materials into their robotic creations.
2. Sustainability Industry - Entrepreneurs in the sustainability industry can explore creating robotic products made from recycled materials to align their products with their values.
3. Educational Toys Industry - The educational toys industry can incorporate the use of reclaimed materials into their products, creating a new category of sustainable and unique toys.