The Rebecca Vallance Fall 2014 show at New York Fashion Week was a first for the Sydney-based designer and the focus of her collection came from androgyny. As Rebecca Vallance herself describes her Fall collection, "I found that personally I was wearing more pieces with a menswear influence, so I've translated that into the collection."
At a first glance, the masculine influences in the collection entitled "Lady's Man" seem quite subtle, but the inspiration taken from menswear can be seen in details like collared shirts and pairing feminine tops with a more boxy bottom pieces, or vice versa.
One particularly interesting look from the collection is a revealing mid-length lace dress with a leopard-like silvery spotted patterning.
Photo Credit: WWD
The Rebecca Vallance Fall 2014 Collection is Called "Lady's Man"
1. Androgynous Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create gender-neutral clothing lines that appeal to a wider audience and challenge traditional notions of masculinity and femininity.
2. Menswear Influence - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Blend masculine and feminine styles to create unique and versatile clothing options for both men and women.
3. Mixed Pattern and Texture - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Experiment with unconventional combinations of patterns and textures to create bold and eye-catching designs.
1. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore new ways to break away from traditional gender norms in fashion and offer more inclusive options for consumers.
2. Retail - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Curate collections that mix and match masculine and feminine styles to cater to a diverse customer base looking for unique and forward-thinking clothing.
3. Textile - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop new textiles and techniques that seamlessly blend different patterns and textures to create visually striking garments.