Former best friends, roommates and reality TV co-stars, Lauren Conrad and Heidi Montag are still feuding.
The tiff got so out of control that they are refusing to pose in photos together, including promo pics for Season 3 of MTV's reality show The Hills. The shoots were taken on separate occasions and the images were merged together on photoshop.
Feuding celebrities have been catching a lot of media attention lately. Famous friend-to-foe relationships include Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie, Denise Richards and Heather Locklear, Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton, the cast of Desperate Housewives and, just when men thought it was only women who were insane, singers Jay-Z and R. Kelly make the list too.
The Hills Stars Photoshopped Together In Promo Pics
1. Celebrity Feuds - The rise of celebrity feuds present an opportunity for brands to capitalize on the market's obsession with drama.
2. Digital Editing in Advertising - The increasing prevalence of digital editing in promotional material highlights the relevance of technologies that promote authenticity in advertising.
3. Reality TV Marketing - The use of reality TV drama in promotional material presents brands with potential opportunities to appeal to a younger, media-driven demographic.
1. Entertainment - There is potential for media companies to create content that capitalizes on people's obsession with celebrity feuds.
2. Advertising - Brands looking to appeal to consumers who value authenticity are presented with opportunities to utilize technologies that do not rely on digital editing, or make it more transparent.
3. Fashion - Fashion brands can tap into the reality TV market by collaborating with personalities from the industry that are involved in reality TV drama.