Raffaele Vitale is a brand of tomatoes that were packaged in a non-memorable way. To fix this, 'Nju:comunicazione' in Italy updated the design with a fresh look, and one that is simplistic.
However, simplistic does not mean boring. Instead the company focused mostly on what was inside the can, and decided to represent this on the packaging. A red oval shape was placed on the outside signifying the contents, but it is done in more of an abstract way. When one looks at it they are reminded of a tomato without this being perfectly clear.
Using this minimalist approach will help the Raffaele Vitale brand stand out. Sometimes the less cluttered a package is, the more people will take notice and go forward with a purchase.
Raffaele Vitale Receives a Refreshing Update
1. Minimalist Packaging - Opportunity for brands to stand out by using minimalistic packaging designs that focus on the product itself.
2. Abstract Symbolism - Potential for incorporating abstract symbols or shapes to represent the contents of a product, adding intrigue and visual appeal.
3. Attention Through Simplicity - Advantage of grabbing consumer attention by using less cluttered packaging that stands out on store shelves.
1. Food Packaging - Disruptive innovation opportunity for food brands to revamp their packaging design with a minimalist approach.
2. Design and Advertising - Opportunity for design and advertising agencies to help brands differentiate themselves through abstract symbolism in package design.
3. Retail - Potential for retailers to select and promote products with minimalist packaging that attract customer attention and result in increased sales.