SocialBusiness.org has covered a few social innovation labs before and this one, which is located in Simon Fraser University as part of the Beedie School of Business, is one of many that are situated within an educational institution or at least have ties to it.
"We are passionate about finding innovation solutions to pressing social problems, nurturing young leaders capable of tackling an increasingly complex set of local and global challenges, and rethinking the potential for business and business education to be a powerful contributor to a better world," they write on their website. "That’s why we call ourselves RADIUS™: RADical Ideas, Useful to Society."
RADIUS on Facebook
RADIUS on Twitter
'RADIUS' is Part of the Beedie School of Business at Simon Fraser University
1. Social Innovation Labs - Disruptive innovation opportunities lie in establishing more social innovation labs within educational institutions to foster innovative solutions and nurture future leaders.
2. Business Education for Social Impact - Opportunities for disruptive innovation exist in rethinking business education to emphasize the potential for business to contribute to a better world and address pressing social problems.
3. Socially Responsible Business Models - Opportunities for disruptive innovation can be found in developing socially responsible business models that prioritize creating positive social impact alongside financial success.
1. Education - The education industry can explore disruptive innovation opportunities by integrating social innovation labs into educational institutions to empower students to work on pressing social challenges.
2. Business Consulting - The business consulting industry has the potential for disruptive innovation by offering services that help businesses redefine their models to align with social impact and sustainability.
3. Social Entrepreneurship - The social entrepreneurship industry can embrace disruptive innovation by developing business models that prioritize both financial success and positive social impact.