Elopak, the global supplier of carton packaging and filling equipment, recently announced the launch of the Pure-Pak eSense carton -- a sustainable aseptic carton that was crafted without an aluminum layer. The brand leveraged traditional sustainably sourced paperboard to create a polyolefin blend barrier that replaces aluminum. This results in up to 50% lower carbon footprint than a standard Pure-Pak aseptic carton and full recyclability.
Since the Pure-Pak eSense carton doesn't contain an aluminum layer, the carton has the potential to be fully renewable and simplifies the recycling process. Additionally, the carton is designed with easy folding crease lines, which make it easier for consumers to empty all the product inside before folding it for more convenient recycling and reducing food waste.
Elopak’s Director of Sustainability Marianne Groven commented on the launch, stating, “the arrival of the Pure-Pak® eSense carton is very significant because it extends the environmental credentials of our cartons to customers in our aseptic segment.”
Elopak Announce the Market Roll Out of the Pure-Pak eSense Carton
1. Sustainable Aseptic Packaging - The development of eco-friendly aseptic cartons using sustainably sourced paperboard without an aluminum layer presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the sustainable packaging industry.
2. Aluminum-alternative Packaging - The use of a polyolefin blend barrier as a replacement for aluminum in aseptic cartons has the potential to disrupt the aluminum packaging industry by creating a more sustainable alternative.
3. Convenient Recyclable Cartons - The carton's easy folding crease lines and full recyclability provide opportunities for innovative packaging designs that prioritize convenience and sustainability.
1. Packaging Industry - The development of the Pure-Pak eSense carton presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for the packaging industry, encouraging other manufacturers to explore creating more sustainable packaging alternatives.
2. Food and Beverage Industry - The use of sustainable aseptic cartons in the food and beverage industry presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for companies looking to reduce their carbon footprint and increase their sustainability efforts.
3. Recycling Industry - The full recyclability of the Pure-Pak eSense carton has the potential to disrupt the recycling industry by encouraging more sustainable packaging designs and simplifying the recycling process for consumers.