The Elopak Pure-Pak cartons are being reformatted by the brand with a tethered cap called the Pure-TwistFlip that will help to reduce the occurrence of plastic waste entering the environment. The cap will be connected directly to the packaging and thus eliminate the need to be removed and disposed of on its own. This is reported to help keep the amount of plastic used low and utilize a lightweight packaging solution to not interfere with weight.
CMO Patrick Verhelst spoke on the new Pure-TwistFlip cap on the Elopak Pure-Pak cartons saying, "We are delighted to share the news that our tethered cap solution is now ready. Sustainability is a central driver of our innovation efforts at Elopak, in which we are continually seeking to raise the bar and improve on past performance. We have invested heavily in developing more environmentally friendly packaging solutions that meet the same high standards our customers are used to and at the same time offer them a way to package their products in a manner that fits with a low carbon circular economy. By combining Elopak’s Pure-Pak carton with the Pure-TwistFlip cap, brands can now choose a package that both helps prevent marine littering and reduces the use of plastics."
Pure-Pak Cartons will Now Have the Pure-TwistFlip Cap
1. Tethered Packaging - Brands can innovate by developing packaging solutions with tethered caps to reduce plastic waste and marine littering.
2. Lightweight Packaging - Companies can develop lightweight packaging options that still maintain high standards for product quality and sustainability.
3. Circular Economy Packaging - Innovative companies can focus on developing eco-friendly and low carbon packaging solutions that fit within a circular economy model.
1. Packaging Industry - Packaging companies can invest in research and development to create new, sustainable and eco-friendly packaging solutions.
2. Consumer Goods Industry - Consumer goods companies can incorporate sustainable and eco-friendly packaging options to appeal to environmentally conscious consumers.
3. Food and Beverage Industry - Food and beverage companies can use new tethered packaging solutions to reduce plastic waste and appeal to consumers who prioritize sustainability.