Skip the mounds of mashed potatoes and sliced sweet potatoes at the next big family gathering and opt instead for this Proud Italian Cook Torte. With American Thanksgiving behind us and Christmas dinner looming in the future, spice up the holiday table with a side dish that is the epitome of unique.
Cakes, which are initially served on dessert tables, have renewed their place on the kitchen table beside the turkey and stuffing entrees. Layering thinly sliced sweet potatoes, squash, caramelized onions and mozzarella with an assortment of other roasted veggies, individuals can enjoy the Proud Italian Cooke Torte. With a traditional cake shape, this seasonal veggie cake may even seduce the appetites of your young ones.
Load Up On Produce with the Proud Italian Cook Torte
1. Veggie-based Cakes - There is an opportunity for bakeries and restaurants to create veggie-based cakes to cater to the growing demand for healthier and vegetarian options.
2. Alternative Holiday Dishes - There is an opportunity for food companies to create and market alternative, vegetable-based dishes to replace traditional holiday sides like mashed potatoes and stuffing.
3. Creative Presentation of Vegetables - There is an opportunity for chefs and restaurants to experiment with creative ways of presenting vegetables to make them more appealing and exciting for consumers.
1. Food and Beverage - Food and beverage companies have an opportunity to tap into the growing demand for healthier, vegetable-based options and create innovative vegetable-based dishes and products.
2. Hospitality - Hotels and restaurants can cater to the growing demand for alternative holiday dishes and implement vegetable-based dishes into their menus to attract a wider range of customers.
3. Home Cooking - There is an opportunity for companies that sell kitchen gadgets and appliances to promote a creative way of layering thinly sliced sweet potatoes, squash, caramelized onions, and mozzarella with other roasted vegetables.