Lately, prom proposals have become such a big spectacle that they've become even more important than the prom itself. Guys vie for promposal supremacy by beating each other with more and more creative ways to ask their dates out. New Jersey-based teen Derek joined up with his friends and combine their doo-wop skills to surprise his date.
It's no Grease Lightning, but Derek has a little bit of swagger in this video. He and his friends, who go by the name the Whiptones, took on the Cadillac's "My Girlfriend" and edited it a bit to fit the occasion. They surprised his friend Gina at a restaurant and performed the 50s style swing piece to a shocked and adorable reaction.
This video is putting all other high school boys on notice, step your game up because saying "will you go to prom with me" just isn't cutting it anymore.
This Prom Proposal Has a Little Bit of Swing in It
1. Elaborate Prom Proposals - The trend of elaborate prom proposals has grown to be just as important as the prom itself, encouraging individuals to come up with more creative ways to ask their dates out.
2. Musical Prom Proposals - The trend of musical prom proposals is growing, where individuals show off their musical skills or talents to ask their dates to prom in a unique way.
3. Nostalgic Prom Themes - With the rise of doo-wop promposals, the trend of nostalgic prom themes may follow to keep up with the vintage vibes of the promposal craze.
1. Event Planning - Event planning companies can tap into the demand for unique and creative prom proposals and develop services and packages to help clients create memorable and special promposal experiences.
2. Music and Entertainment - The growth of musical prom proposals presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for music and entertainment companies to create new campaigns that cater to the trend by using music as a way to express admiration and love.
3. Fashion and Beauty - As prom posals become increasingly important, fashion and beauty companies can partner with high schools or students to create customized fashion products or looks for promposal events, locking in consumers from a young age.