The Profile of a Gamer infographic answers all your gaming inquiries about the gamers, parents of gamers and the gaming industry itself.
According to this Profile of a Gamer infographic, the average age of gamers is 34 years old. Another surprising statistic is that 40% of gamers are actually female.
With the concern of violence in games, the infographic also takes a look at the parents and their efforts. Accordingly, the infographic states that 97% of parents monitor the games their children play. Secret shoppers from the FTC have also found that 80% of the time, a minor attempting to buy an M-Rated game is turned away.
This infographic takes an awesome look at the gaming industry as well as the changes that have occurred in it with the advancement of technology.
The Profile of a Gamer Infographic Provides Plenty of Playful Information
1. Growing Average Age - Opportunities for developing and marketing games that appeal to older demographics.
2. Increasing Female Gamers - Potential for creating games that cater specifically to the interests and preferences of female gamers.
3. Parental Involvement in Gaming - Chance to develop parent-centric gaming products and services that address concerns about violence and monitor children's gaming activities.
1. Video Game Development - Opportunities for creating games that target older age groups and female gamers.
2. Parental Control Software - Increase in demand for tools and software that allow parents to monitor and control their children's gaming activities.
3. Gaming Accessories and Merchandise - Market for developing products and merchandise that cater to the interests and preferences of female gamers, and address parents' concerns about violence.