One can appreciate the Primitive Console for its natural qualities, yet its components express their organic aesthetics in very different ways. One part of the coffee table has been made from a highly manipulated material while the other appears to have been left to take an unrefined form.
Pedro Sousa's design for Ginger & Jagger comprises a tabletop and base that are made of marble in either Carrara, Estremoz or Negro Marquina varieties. These beautiful sections of stone are cut into perfect rectangles and sanded down and polished until they possess immaculate smooth faces that can cast reflections. The frame of the Primitive Console has actually been manufactured from brass with one of many possible metallic finishes. Despite this, its form is reminiscent of crooked and offshooting branches that splay outwards to support the stone slab.
Primitive Console Marries Artificial and Organic Material Treatments
1. Organic Materials - The use of organic materials in furniture design provides an opportunity for the development of sustainable and eco-friendly products.
2. Mixed Material Design - Combining different materials, such as marble and brass, in furniture design creates opportunities for unique and visually striking pieces.
3. Natural Aesthetics - Designing furniture with a natural and unrefined aesthetic appeals to consumers seeking a connection to nature in their living spaces.
1. Furniture Design - The furniture design industry can explore the use of organic materials and mixed material design to create innovative and visually appealing products.
2. Interior Design - Interior designers can incorporate furniture with natural aesthetics to create spaces that evoke a sense of tranquility and harmony with nature.
3. Sustainable Manufacturing - The sustainable manufacturing industry can leverage the use of organic materials and mixed material design techniques to produce environmentally friendly furniture and home decor.