The Pedigree Adoption Drive is tugging at Obama’s heartstrings with their latest ad campaign. As the President-Elect has stated, the family will be bringing a new pup into the White House when they move in early in 2009.
The American dog food manufacturer has grasped this prime opportunity to promote their dog adoption program with this new print ad.
The poster reads, “Dear President-Elect Obama, We’d love to help you fulfill your first campaign promise. We are thrilled that you are celebrating your victory by adopting a dog into your family. We think that you’ll find that shelter dogs are among the most loyal, loving and special dogs in the world. And no dog is more in need of a little hope. You can find a great dog and learn more about responsible adoption at http://www.DogsRule.com"
Advertising can sometimes be shocking and questionable in its intent, but Weber Shandwick Chicago & TBWA Chiat Day, from Los Angeles have pulled together a real sentimental hit with this campaign.
Pedigree's Obama Dog Adoption Campaign
1. Pet Adoption Campaigns - Advertising campaigns that promote pet adoption as a form of responsible pet ownership.
2. Celebrity Endorsements in Advertising - Using the influence of celebrity figures to promote a particular product or service.
3. Social Responsibility Marketing - Marketing strategies that align with a company's values of social responsibility and ethical behavior.
1. Pet Care Industry - Companies within the pet care industry can leverage pet adoption campaigns to promote their brand and drive sales.
2. Advertising Industry - Advertising agencies can capitalize on the trend of celebrity endorsements in advertising to develop unique ad campaigns.
3. Corporate Social Responsibility - Companies can use social responsibility marketing to differentiate themselves from competitors and attract socially conscious consumers.