Danish furniture label Carl Hansen & Son unveils the Preludia collection in collaboration with New York-based designer Brad Ascalon. This marks the label's very first range of office furniture, building on its series of heritage household items. The Preludia collection is comprised of a range of stackable chairs that are able to be flat-packed and transported with ease and high-top tables. The stackable chairs are crafted from a 3D wood-veneer shell, which gives the back and seat a natural curve. The veneer material is formed from a series of thinly layered timber that gets its ergonomic shape through a process of steam and mold.
The Preludia chairs are available in a selection of either oak, walnut, beech, or bare veneer in a variety of different leathers or textiles. The tabletops are available in the options of either black or white laminate finishes with cast aluminum corner joints in contrast to its wood-constructed base.
Carl Hansen & Son Unveils It's Very First Office Furniture Range
1. 3D Printing in Furniture - The use of 3D printing technology in furniture manufacturing allows for innovative designs and customization options.
2. Sustainable Materials - The use of veneer and other sustainable materials in furniture production offers environmentally friendly alternatives.
3. Flexible and Portable Furniture - The development of stackable and flat-pack furniture designs enables easy transport and versatile use in various spaces.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Furniture manufacturers can explore 3D printing techniques to create unique and customizable designs.
2. Sustainable Materials Industry - Companies in the sustainable materials industry can collaborate with furniture makers to provide eco-friendly materials for production.
3. Office Furniture Market - The demand for flexible and portable office furniture opens opportunities for companies to offer innovative solutions for modern workspaces.