Spanish designer Héctor Serrano recently debuted a pop-up alarm clock that helps user sview both the current time and the alarm time simultaneously. While analogue clocks are usually chosen for their simplicity, it is not always easy to know if the alarm is set properly. This handy bedside clock eliminates this problem through the use of a second, pop-up screen.
Serrano's design for his InOut clock consists of a rectangular time piece with oversized plus and minus signs carved into the back. The buttons allow users to set the time that is displayed on the main screen. Users can then set the time for their alarm by looking at a smaller screen that pops out of the top of the device. This allows users to see exactly what time their alarm is set for. As Serrano explains, "The alarm time is clearly indicated not only graphically but physically."
This Clock Features a Second Screen That Displays the Alarm Time
1. Dual-screen Clocks - The use of a second screen in alarm clocks provides a more intuitive and visible way of displaying the alarm time.
2. Simplified Alarm Clocks - Clock designs that prioritize clarity and ease of use help users set alarms without confusion.
3. Innovative Alarm Displays - Creative approaches to alarm display, like the pop-up screen, enhance user experience and eliminate uncertainty.
1. Consumer Electronics - The demand for innovative and user-friendly alarm clocks creates opportunities for companies in the consumer electronics industry.
2. Home Decor - Functional and aesthetically pleasing alarm clocks can be a part of the home decor industry's offerings.
3. Product Design - Designers specializing in clock and timepiece design can explore disruptive innovations in alarm clock functionality.