Preserve makes uses yogurt cups to make toothbrushes, turns takeout containers into tableware and its line of POPi products (Preserve Ocean Plastic Initiative) includes the POPi Shave 5 razor, which is made from ocean plastic. The next-generation razor design suits men and women and includes an ergonomic handle design with a comfortable grip. The razor also includes ceramic-coated blades and a strip with cocoa butter and aloe for a smooth experience. Unlike most disposable plastic razors, these ones can be used with replaceable blades and the POPi Shave 5 razor handle can even be returned to Preserve via a mail-in recycling program.
To further support marine conservation and the health of the oceans, Preserve shares 25% of the proceeds from POPi products sold to non-profits devoted to oceans, beaches and plastic pollution research.
Image Credit: Preserve
Preserve's POPi Shave 5 is Made with Materials Claimed from Coastlines
1. Recycled Plastic Products - Preserve's POPi Shave 5 razor is made from ocean plastic, showcasing the trend of using recycled materials for consumer goods.
2. Sustainable Personal Care - Preserve's ocean plastic razor highlights the trend of incorporating sustainability practices into the personal care industry.
3. Circular Economy Initiatives - Preserve's mail-in recycling program for their razor handle demonstrates the trend of implementing circular economy strategies in product design.
1. Consumer Goods - Preserve's use of ocean plastic in their razor presents an opportunity for consumer goods companies to utilize recycled materials in their product lines.
2. Personal Care - Preserve's sustainable razor design opens up opportunities for the personal care industry to create eco-friendly alternatives to disposable plastic products.
3. Waste Management - Preserve's recycling program for their razor handle showcases the potential for waste management companies to play a role in promoting circular economy initiatives.