The Interactive Advertising Bureau has issued its first ever Podcast Playbook on the heels of next month's IAB Podcast Upfront.
The playbook reveals a variety of statistics on this emerging medium, and gives advertisers' general information on the opportunity that is available in this industry. With almost one quarter of Americans over the age of 12 listening to podcasts on a semi-regular basis, this industry has a lot of opportunity for marketers across a range of industries.
The goal of IAB is to offer a platform in which marketers are able to understand the distinct benefits that podcast advertising has to offer, and its Podcast Playbook is a step towards providing that base level of knowledge.
The IAB Has Released Its First Podcast Playbook
1. Podcast Advertising - Podcast advertising is an emerging medium with a lot of opportunity for marketers in multiple industries, with almost one quarter of Americans listening to podcasts regularly.
2. Podcast Playbooks - The release of the IAB's first Podcast Playbook is a step towards providing a base level of knowledge for marketers to understand the benefits of podcast advertising.
3. IAB Podcast Upfront - The IAB Podcast Upfront creates a platform for marketers to learn about and explore the opportunities available in podcast advertising.
1. Marketing - Podcast advertising presents disruptive innovation opportunities for the marketing industry to better target and engage with their audience through this emerging medium.
2. Media - The rise of podcasts and podcast advertising presents disruptive innovation opportunities for the media industry to develop new channels for content creation and distribution.
3. Entertainment - Podcast advertising presents disruptive innovation opportunities for the entertainment industry to reach new, engaged audiences and explore new revenue streams through sponsorships and promotions.