Living in a major city has many positives, except that swimming in local lakes is impossible because of pollution; however, with the Plus Pool, swimming in New York’s lakes may soon be possible.
Creators of the +Pool realized that instead of trying to clean the entire lake at once, tackling smaller pieces at a time was the way to go. This is how the concept of the +Pool started. Although it is still in concept phase, participants are able to buy a tile of the pool in order to help with production. The Plus Pool will act as a filter, cleaning the designated area of the lake, and for the first time ever people will be able to swim in New York City. This concept is not only an exciting idea as a pool, but also an incredible idea environmentally. With the Plus Pool, swimming in many major cities may happen in the near future.
The Plus Pool Concept Would Help Restore City Lakes
1. Eco-conscious Pools - Developing pools that can help restore the environment and enable swimming in major cities again by using innovative filtering technology.
2. Crowdfunding Architecture - Crowdfunding through the presale of tiles in the pool is a disruptive innovation opportunity for eco-friendly architectural projects that would not be otherwise financed through traditional means.
3. Localized Environmental Solutions - Rather than trying to clean entire lakes at once, developing technologies and solutions that tackle specific parts of the environment is a sustainable trend that can be applied to other industries.
1. Ecotourism - Revolutionary eco-conscious pools can attract environmentally conscious local and international tourists who want to swim in a natural environment in polluted cities.
2. Architecture - The use of crowdfunding could offer an opportunity to finance eco-friendly architectural projects, such as the Plus Pool, that would not otherwise receive funding through traditional means.
3. Water Treatment - The innovative filtering technology used in the Plus Pool is an opportunity for further developments in water treatment technologies and applications in various industries beyond swimming pools.