A political satire campaign has launched called “Plates for Obama” that presents the ‘accomplishments’ of the Republican Party on a dinner plate.
The dinner plate features color illustrations that depict events of the past eight years, like higher gas prices, Hurricane Katrina, a failing stock market, and home foreclosures.
Website visitors and are playfully urged to “Commemorate our outgoing president… And help elect his Democratic successor!” Plates can be purchased for $19.99 at Plates4Obama.com, and 100% of the proceeds are donated to the Obama campaign.
“Plates for Obama” is a voluntary political campaign created by cutting-edge Chicago advertising agency The Escape Pod, after they were randomly assigned a candidate for an upcoming Chicago Sun-Times political ad competition. The agency decided to bring the political satire initiative to life as the election nears and are now shipping these dinner plates nationwide.
Plates for Obama
1. Political Satire - Opportunity for creative campaigns that use humor and satire to engage with political issues.
2. Personalized Political Merchandise - Growing demand for unique and personalized products related to political events and campaigns.
3. Donation-driven Marketing - Opportunity to leverage marketing initiatives to support a cause and drive donations.
1. Advertising and Marketing - Innovative agencies can capitalize on political events to create unique and engaging campaigns.
2. E-commerce - Online platforms can leverage political events to offer personalized merchandise and increase sales.
3. Fundraising and Non-profit - Organizations can use donation-driven marketing strategies to raise funds for political campaigns.