Raised & Rooted recently announced the launch of its first plant-based burger patties and they are free from soy and powered by pea protein. With 21 grams of plant-based protein per serving, the Raised & Rooted Plant-Based Burger also shares the advantage of containing 75% less saturated fat than traditional versions.
According to David Ervin, vice president of marketing for Raised & Rooted, “Our products are plants made meatier, and deliver the same delicious flavors, in a better-for-you alternative.”
In the past, the label has experimented with hybrid products that were partially plant-based and partially meat-based, or vegetarian nuggets with egg whites. This new plant-based burger is an option that can be enjoyed by all, including vegans, vegetarians and flexitarians seeking satiating alternatives to meat.
Raised & Rooted's First Plant-Based Burger Nourishes with Pea Protein
1. Pea Protein - There is an opportunity to explore and invest in pea protein as a disruptive innovation in the plant-based foods industry.
2. Hybrid Products - Experimenting with hybrids, like partially plant-based and partially meat-based products, can lead to novel and marketable innovations in the food industry.
3. Better-for-you Alternatives - Investing in better-for-you alternatives to traditional foods with high saturated fat can be a promising area of innovation in the plant-based foods industry.
1. Plant-based Foods - There is a growing and lucrative market for better-tasting and healthier plant-based meat alternatives.
2. Food Technology - Developing new, plant-based food products using innovative technologies like pea protein can disrupt the traditional food industry.
3. Healthy Eating - Promoting healthier eating habits and offering better-for-you alternatives to consumers can lead to long-term growth in the food industry.