Comic book publisher Picturebox is trying something new. For their two upcoming books, “Powr Mastrs 3” and “In n’ Oof,” the company is employing a new “pay before we publish” model.
Both comics will only be published if enough money is raised through donations. There are four levels of donations, each of which comes with certain benefits. Limited edition prints will be given to those who give large donations.
The company is aiming for 400 people donating per book, and what’s cool is that the name of the person making the donation will be listed inside the book.
An innovative and personalized idea in recessionary times!
Picturebox Introduces “Pay Before We Publish” Model
1. Crowdfunding Publishing - The 'Pay Before We Publish' model by Picturebox introduces a new way for comic book publishers to raise money and gauge public demand before printing.
2. Limited Edition Incentives - Picturebox offering limited edition prints as benefits for large donations creates a trend of providing exclusive rewards to incentivize contributions.
3. Transparency and Personalization - Listing the names of donors inside the comic books adds a personal touch and highlights a trend of transparency in acknowledging contributors.
1. Publishing - The 'Pay Before We Publish' model has the potential to disrupt the traditional publishing industry by involving readers in the production process and reducing upfront financial risks.
2. Crowdfunding - The combination of crowdfunding and publishing opens up opportunities for new platforms and services that cater specifically to creators looking to fund their comic book projects.
3. Collectible Merchandise - Providing limited edition prints as donation benefits creates a trend in the collectible merchandise industry by leveraging the popularity of comic book art and fostering a sense of exclusivity.