BrüMate and Crook & Marker's Hard Pickle Seltzer began as an April Fool's Day joke but it has since turned into a real product. After just 24 hours of teasing the product for April Fool's Day, the brands got over 10,000 to sign up for details on the unexpected seltzer flavor. The release of this product kicks off the brands' Crook’d Brü Series of limited-edition hard seltzers with unusual flavors.
The Afternoon Dillight Hard Pickle Seltzer has a zero-sugar formula and 5% ABV, and it is said to have a savory dill taste with a salty kick that sets itself apart from the sweet and fruity flavors that dominate the category. Only a limited number of the pickle-flavored selzer packs are being released this summer and it's an online exclusive that promises to keep fans on top of the new release.
BrüMate and Crook & Marker's Hard Pickle Seltzer Started as a Joke
1. Unusual Flavors - The success of BrüMate and Crook & Marker's pickle seltzer shows a trend towards consumers seeking out unique and unexpected flavors.
2. Zero-sugar - The demand for low- or zero-sugar drinks is evident in the popularity of the pickle seltzer despite its unconventional flavor.
3. Online Exclusives - Creating online-exclusive releases for limited editions products allows brands to create buzz and hype around the product while also gathering important consumer data.
1. Alcoholic Beverages - The alcoholic beverage industry is constantly looking for new flavors and ingredients to stand out in a crowded market.
2. E-commerce - Online exclusives provide e-commerce platforms an advantage by driving traffic to their site and creating a sense of urgency to purchase.
3. Food and Snack - The trend of unusual flavors and zero-sugar options in seltzers may translate into demand for similar products in the food industry, leading to potential for disruption in the snack and condiment industries.