When the members of Physalia Studio were asked to design something around the theme "Happy" for F5 Re: Play Fest in NYC, they decided to put a bit more charge to the concept than one would anticipate. The result is an electromagnetic field and many playfully colored plastic balls.
Physalia Studio used the same machine found in scrapyards that pick up large metal objects for this project. By fastening metal and microchips to each one of the colored balls and placing a powerful magnet above, the team created a visually stunning electromagnetic field with brightly colored objects floating in midair. The "Happy" theme certainly comes across when watching the balls vie for space while suspended above the ground. Physalia Studios deserves credit for creating one of the most psychedelic magnetic fields the F5 Re: Play Fest has ever seen.
Physalia Studio Designs an Attractive Magnetic Field
1. Electromagnetic Attraction - Incorporating electromagnetism in product designs for visual appeal and added functionality.
2. Interactive Art Installations - Using technology and design to create awe-inspiring, interactive art pieces that can take up physical space.
3. Magnetic Levitation - Exploring the possibilities of magnetism in achieving levitation for aesthetic or practical purposes.
1. Event Production - Integrating immersive, interactive art installations in events and exhibitions to enhance attendees' experience.
2. Interior Design - Experimenting with magnetic levitation technology to create functional, visually appealing furniture and decor.
3. Toy Manufacturing - Incorporating electromagnetism in the design of toys to enhance play experiences and introduce STEM concepts to children.