Photic (aka photo critic) is a new Swedish start-up with a goal to help photographers receive real feedback on their photos. Many websites allow photographers to post their pictures and comment on photos, but often these comments are congratulatory and don't help the photographer get better at their craft. Photic is trying to change that.
Photic lets photographers rate the critiques received to help the cream of the critic crop rise to the top. Comments are rated on technical skill, uniqueness and quality of comment. The top people with the most knowledge and the best way of phrasing their critiques will rise to the top and help other photographers hone their craft. Photic is still in beta testing, with no timetable yet on a wide release.
Photic Helps Photographers Hone Their Skills with Honest Reviews
1. Crowdsourced Feedback - Opportunity to create platforms that enable crowdsourcing for feedback and critique in various industries.
2. Professional Skill Enhancement - Potential to develop tools and platforms that facilitate skill enhancement and development for professionals.
3. Quality Assurance and Ranking - Potential for creating systems that rank and rate comments, feedback, and critiques based on technical skill, uniqueness, and quality.
1. Photography - Opportunity to develop platforms and services that offer photographers authentic and valuable feedback to improve their skills.
2. E-learning - Potential to create e-learning platforms and courses that focus on feedback and critique for various professional industries.
3. Marketplaces - Opportunity to integrate feedback and critique features into existing marketplaces to enhance the quality and credibility of products and services.