At most sushi restaurants the Philadelphia roll consists of salmon, cream cheese and cucumber. Food blogger the Vulgar Chef put a spin on this tasty ingredient combination by creating the Philadelphia Roll Sushi Sliders. In sandwich form, the sushi-themed mini burgers contain the same ingredients without the signature rice roll.
Instead, the Vulgar Chef used the lid of a Miracle Whip jar (you could also use a burger patty press) to mold sticky white rice into a round shape. The salmon, cream cheese and sliced cucumbers are then sandwiched between the rice and the whole thing is loosely wrapped in seaweed. He also suggests adding some avocado to this delicious burger-like creation. This is definitely one of the Vulgar Chef's healthiest concoctions.
The Vulgar Chef's Sushi Themed Sandwich is Inspired by the Philadelphia Roll
1. Sushi-inspired Sandwiches - Restaurants and bloggers are exploring new ways to put a spin on sushi, creating sushi-themed sandwiches and sliders.
2. Creative Food Molding - Chefs and bloggers are experimenting with new ways to mold and shape traditional ingredients, creating fun and innovative food creations.
3. Healthy Fast Food Alternatives - Food bloggers are exploring ways to make traditionally unhealthy fast foods healthier, creating new opportunities for healthier fast food options.
1. Food and Beverage - Restaurants and food bloggers within the food and beverage industry are exploring creative and innovative ways to reinvent traditional ingredients and dishes.
2. Cooking and Kitchenware - As food bloggers and chefs experiment with unique ways to mold and shape ingredients, there is an opportunity for cooking and kitchenware industries to offer new and innovative tools to make food molding easier.
3. Health and Wellness - As food bloggers and chefs explore healthier alternatives to traditionally unhealthy fast foods, there is an opportunity for the health and wellness industry to promote and market these new healthy fast food options.