The Petal credit card was designed for people who have had trouble getting approved for a traditional credit card. Instead of determining an applicant's credit worthiness based on their credit score, Petal looks at banking data to see what you make and the bills you pay. The card it issues comes with no fees whatsoever, although interest does accrue if you don't pay your monthly balance off.
The Petal credit card has a linked app that lets users see how much they owe and how much interest they'll accrue if they don't pay off their balance. The idea is to provide transparency and let card holders know exactly how much their debt is costing them. The Petal credit card is currently being tested in a private invite-only beta.
The Petal Credit Card is for Those Looking to Build Their Credit Score
1. No-fee Credit Cards - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop a credit card without any fees to attract customers who have trouble getting approved for traditional cards.
2. Alternative Credit Assessments - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create a credit card application process that assesses an applicant's creditworthiness based on banking data instead of traditional credit scores.
3. Transparent Debt Management - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Build a credit card app that provides users with real-time updates on their debt and interest accrual to promote responsible financial management.
1. Fintech - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop innovative financial technology solutions to cater to individuals who often get rejected by traditional credit card issuers.
2. Credit Card Services - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Redesign credit card services by eliminating all fees, implementing alternative credit assessments, and offering transparent debt management tools.
3. Digital Banking - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate the functionality of no-fee credit cards and transparent debt management into digital banking platforms to enhance customer experience and financial literacy.