Hey Girls is an activist organization that seeks to combat and bring awareness to period poverty in the UK. In its latest campaign, Hey Girls collaborates with The Big Issue to end the stigma around menstruation, as well as "save the planet." The special mini-magazine is 24 pages long and it boasts helpful information to keep the public engaged on the topic—from menstrual products, poverty, and the environment to encouraging advice on how to make a difference.
The Hey Girls x The Big Issue collaboration comes at an important time. It has been reported that one in 10 girls and young women were using old newspapers, rags, or socks because they cannot afford pads or tampons. Hey Girls is doing its part to end period poverty in the UK through necessitating change at the government policy levels, providing education on menstrual health and stigma, and more.
Image Credit: The Big Issue
Big Issue Partners with Hey Girls to Fight Period Poverty in the UK
1. Period Poverty Awareness - Opportunity for businesses to collaboratively create heightened awareness and innovative solutions to combat period poverty worldwide.
2. Eco-friendly Menstrual Products - Businesses that can innovate eco-friendly menstrual products can contribute significantly in reducing environmental pollution while addressing the needs of menstruating individuals.
3. Social Activism Marketing - Incorporating social activism into marketing campaigns can not only raise awareness on important issues like period poverty but also help enhance brand reputation and sales.
1. Feminine Hygiene Industry - Recent statistics on period poverty present a compelling opportunity for the feminine hygiene industry to create more affordable and accessible menstrual products to help combat period poverty worldwide.
2. Social Activist Organizations - Collaborative partnerships with different organizations are essential for creating awareness on period poverty and implementing innovative programs to combat it.
3. Publishing and Media Industry - Creating informative mini-magazines or other publications around period poverty or other social issues can provide more channels for educating the public and creating more awareness.