Credit-crunched Londoners grabbed pocketfuls of pennies today at the launch of a 20-foot billboard advert made entirely from one-pence coins. The unique installation â€“ made using over 20,000 pennies â€“ only lasted 30 minutes as hundreds of opportunistic passers-by seized their moment to pick up a penny or two.
The penny billboard was unveiled in London's New Oxford Street to advertise the 769,500-pence starting price of the new Chevrolet Aveo.
"There has been some great car adverts before, but none that have stopped traffic and actually put money back into the motorist's pocket so this is certainly a first," said Les Turton of Chevrolet. "We're glad we've topped up lots of people's wallets, purses and, in some cases, rucksacks, but it would have been nice for the billboard to last a little longer than 30 minutes."
Chevrolet Aveo Penny Billboard Disappears in Minutes
1. Interactive Billboard Ads - Innovative billboards that offer an experience or opportunity for customer engagement to create buzz and promote brand recognition.
2. Disruptive Guerilla Marketing Campaigns - Attention-grabbing campaigns that utilize non-traditional advertising methods to create buzz and publicity for their brand.
3. Real-time Marketing - Targeted marketing that responds immediately to current events or cultural trends and is able to quickly and effectively reach their audience in a meaningful way.
1. Automotive - Innovative and engaging advertising campaigns to showcase new car models to generate excitement and buzz in the competitive automotive industry.
2. Advertising and Marketing - Disruptive and creative advertising and marketing strategies to attract and retain customers and promote brand recognition in an increasingly crowded and competitive market.
3. Technology - Development of interactive and real-time technologies that create immersive and engaging customer experiences for advertising campaigns and marketing initiatives.