'Pecan-Crusted Chicken' is a delicious dish taken from the 'Southern Living: A Southern Gentleman’s Kitchen' cookbook. This meal combines the nutty crunch of salty pecans with tender chicken breasts.
The 'Southern Living: A Southern Gentleman’s Kitchen' is a cookbook by Nashville-based food writer Matt Moore. This cookbook features 150 Southern recipes from traditional to modern and quite unconventional. Pecan-Crusted Chicken is one of Moore's more modern Southern dishes. Utilizing sweet nutty pecans and juicy chicken breasts, Moore explains that this dish provides an array of flavors and proteins. Atop the Pecan-Crusted Chicken, fresh goat cheese, herbs and black pepper as a finishing sauce are recommended to whomever is cooking this recipe.
This chicken dish is best served atop a bed of roasted tomatoes and asparagus with a side of crisp mineral white wine.
This Nutty Chicken Dish Makes a Crispy and Delicious Main Course
1. Modern Southern Cooking - There's a trend for modern and unconventional twists on traditional Southern cuisine, such as incorporating nuts and unconventional ingredients to classic dishes.
2. Cookbook Adaptations - There's a trend for adapting cookbook and recipe content for various mediums and audiences to reach more cooking enthusiasts.
3. Healthy Comfort Food - There's a trend for adding nutritional value in comfort foods such as utilizing vegetables as sides and finding healthier alternatives for chicharrones or breadcrumbs.
1. Cookbook Publishing - Cookbook publishers can disrupt the market by featuring modern twists and unconventional ingredients to classic dishes from a range of cuisine types.
2. Food and Beverage - Restaurants and food companies can create their own spin on the Pecan-Crusted Chicken recipe, and provide it on a larger scale, such as through meal kits or at a restaurant.
3. Wine and Beverage Pairing - Wineries and beverage companies can disrupt the market by providing an expert recommendation for wine or other beverage pairing with the Pecan-Crusted Chicken recipe to enhance the dining experience for wine enthusiasts.