Few cities have the cultural references that are portrayed in the Paris vs. NYC project, and even fewer cities could be iconically contrasted like these two metropolises. It is a testament to these urban settings that we have such ideal concepts about each of them.
Created by graphic designer Vahram Muratyan, the Paris vs. NYC project explores stark differences of each city that are nonetheless steeped in the similarities between the two. From iconic romanticists to building facades and go-to beverages, Muratyan seems to cover all of the bases.
Sold as colorful and minimalist prints, each priced at an affordable $24, the Paris vs NYC project is essentially a "friendly visual match between two cities told by a lover of Paris wandering through New York," as put by the designer.
The Paris vs. NYC Project Compares the Iconic Metropolises Graphically
1. Graphic Comparisons - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop a platform or app that allows users to compare and contrast different cities through graphic design elements.
2. Minimalist Prints - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create a subscription-based service that delivers curated minimalist prints showcasing different cities to customers' homes.
3. City Branding - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Offer consulting services to cities to develop their own unique visual identity through graphic design, similar to the Paris vs. NYC project.
1. Graphic Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop software or tools that automate the process of creating graphic comparisons between cities.
2. Art and Design Retail - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Launch an online marketplace specifically catering to artists and designers who specialize in creating city-themed prints.
3. Consulting - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Establish a consulting firm that specializes in helping cities build and enhance their visual brand identities.