Urban design has always inspired a variety of adjacent industries, and more recently, the tiling of the Paris Regional Express Railway has served as the inspiration behind a new celebratory chocolate bar.
The bars were created by the Paris-based design studio Noir Vif, in celebration of the 40-year anniversary of Paris' express railway. The confection collection features three unique treats, all with designs that are reminiscent of the tiles seen lining the stations' walls since the mid 70s. In addition, the packaging that encloses these treats are just as enticing as the bars inside, as the product was designed to serve as a souvenir, with each bar containing information regarding the railway's history and a collectible tile.
Image Credit: Noir Vif
These Chocolates Celebrate the Paris Regional Express Railway
1. Urban Design-inspired Products - The success of the railway-inspired chocolate bars shows the potential for other industries to create products inspired by urban design elements.
2. Celebratory Souvenir Products - The unique packaging and collectible tiles of the chocolate bars highlight the market demand for celebratory souvenir products that offer both a tasty treat and a memorable keepsake.
3. Nostalgic Design Trends - The use of vintage design elements, such as the tiles from the 70s, in the chocolate bars demonstrates the appeal of nostalgia and the potential for other industries to incorporate nostalgic elements into their products.
1. Food and Beverage - The success of the railway-inspired chocolate bars presents opportunities for the food and beverage industry to create products inspired by different urban design elements.
2. Tourism and Travel - The celebratory and souvenir aspects of the chocolate bars make them a great fit for the tourism and travel industry, with potential for further collaborations to highlight various destinations.
3. Retail and Merchandise - The packaging and collectible features of the chocolate bars open up opportunities for the retail and merchandise industry to create unique and memorable products that resonate with consumers.