The Paul Smith S/S 2014 collection was the prettiest of this year's Paris Men's Fashion Week. From bubblegum pinks to corals, the catwalk and models alike emit rosy hues. Some looks were very subtly accentuated with pink, while other outfits were overwhelmingly pink from head to toe. A particularly memorable look was the pink suit, which included a blazer that was slightly lighter in shade than the trousers. Other pieces were also color-blocked with different shades of pink.
Like several other shows, Paul Smith's collection showed retro influences. Several jackets were boxier in cut and some models sported perfect circle sunglasses lenses. The music was also heavily rock-inspired, however some looks, like the soft-knitted sweaters, were far from rocker-esque.
Paul Smith Models are Pretty in Pink for Paris Men's Fashion Week
1. Gender-neutral Fashion - The use of traditionally feminine colors in men's fashion challenges gender norms and creates opportunities to tap into the growing demand for gender-neutral clothing options.
2. Color-blocking - The use of different shades of the same color to create bold and visually striking outfits presents opportunities to differentiate products and appeal to consumers looking for unique and statement-making fashion choices.
3. Retro-inspired Fashion - Incorporating vintage styles and trends into contemporary designs appeals to nostalgia-driven consumers and offers opportunities to update, modernize, and put a unique spin on classic fashion pieces.
1. Fashion Retail - Retailers can capitalize on the trend of gender-neutral and colorful fashion by investing in innovative designs and marketing strategies that cater to this growing segment of consumers.
2. Fashion Design - Designers can leverage the popularity of retro-inspired fashion to create new and exciting collections that put a fresh twist on classic designs and appeal to consumers' love of nostalgia.
3. Fashion Marketing - Marketing professionals can leverage the trend of colorful and bold fashion to create eye-catching advertising campaigns that showcase the unique and statement-making nature of their products and brand.