The Panter & Bourdon 'Tense' furniture collection has been designed by the Lausanne-based design studio as an exercise in future aesthetic needs that aims to answer the needs of future consumers.
The furniture pieces within the collection are all flat-pack in design and boast a lightweight profile that can be easily erected without the need for tools. Instead of screws or glue, the furniture pieces are all held together using tension and draw inspiration from the musical instruments and weapons previously used by our ancestors.
The Panter & Bourdon 'Tense' furniture collection includes a table, chair, two lamps and privacy screens that are capable of being easily transported, which speaks to the growing popularity of nomadic lifestyles.
Image Credit: Panter & Tourron
The Panter & Bourdon 'Tense' Furniture Collection is Chic
1. Flat-pack Furniture - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Explore new materials and technologies to create even more lightweight and easy-to-assemble flat-pack furniture solutions.
2. Tool-free Assembly - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Develop innovative tension-based assembly methods that eliminate the need for tools, screws, or glue.
3. Nomadic Lifestyles - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Design versatile and easily transportable furniture that caters to the increasing popularity of nomadic lifestyles.
1. Furniture Retail - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Embrace the trend of flat-pack furniture to offer affordable, space-saving solutions for urban dwellers and frequent movers.
2. Design and Manufacturing - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Invest in researching and developing new tension-based assembly technologies that can be applied to various product categories beyond furniture.
3. Nomadic Product Solutions - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Create innovative product lines tailored to meet the needs of individuals who embrace a nomadic lifestyle, such as portable furniture for co-working spaces and travel.