Panorama Knife is a small family business based in Ermatingen, Switzerland, that has harnessed the cutting edge beauty of the Swiss Alps and other mountain ranges to create a set of knives as picturesque as they are practical. Essentially, the Panorama Knife blades mimic the dips and rises of various mountain ranges.
The first Panorama Knife revolves around Bernese Oberland in Bern, Switzerland. The second captures the sights near Lake Constance, which connects Germany with Austria and Switzerland. Panorama Knife will soon be adding new knives to their collection, including ones inspired by the the Valais with the Matterhorn, Lucerne by Pilate on the Titlis to Rigi and Zurich, which boasts a wonderful view of the Glarus Alps. Each one can be displayed rather than used.
Panorama Knife Finds the Cutting Edge in Picturesque Sights
1. Knife Design Inspired by Landscapes - The trend of incorporating landscapes into knife design offers a unique aesthetic appeal and can create disruptive innovation opportunities in the culinary industry.
2. Functional Display Pieces - The trend of creating knives that can be displayed as decorative pieces opens up possibilities for disruptive innovation in the home decor industry.
3. Regional Inspiration in Product Design - The trend of using regional landmarks as inspiration for product design presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in the souvenir and gift industry.
1. Culinary - The culinary industry can capitalize on the trend of incorporating landscapes into knife design by creating unique, visually appealing kitchen tools.
2. Home Decor - The trend of creating knives as functional display pieces can be disruptive for the home decor industry, offering consumers a unique way to showcase their personal style in the kitchen.
3. Souvenir and Gift - The trend of using regional landmarks as inspiration for product design opens up opportunities for disruptive innovation in the souvenir and gift industry, allowing for the creation of unique and culturally significant products.