The branding of these small pancakes was designed by the creative agency 'BRUMdesign' – which is based in The Netherlands.
The brand 'Jan' offers pre-made pancakes and crepes that are offered in plastic packaging and make for a quick and easy breakfast or snack for consumers. The brand offers poffertjes which are traditional Dutch batter treats and are similar to miniature pancakes. It also offers pannekoeks which are Dutch pancakes that are thinner than the kind made in North America, but thicker than crepes. The food products were redesigned by BRUMdesign to offer more Dutch imagery – which was done by focusing on one core idea in the form of hand-sketched illustrations.
This pancake packaging's ability to incorporate its Dutch origins in its design is attractive and unique.
This Pancake Branding Was Inspired by Dutch Designs
1. Traditional Food Packaging - Explore opportunities to design food packaging that incorporates traditional cultural imagery, like hand-sketched illustrations.
2. Convenient Breakfast Snacks - Consider creating pre-made breakfast snacks that offer quick and easy options for consumers on-the-go.
3. Localization of Branding - Look for ways to incorporate cultural elements into branding to create a unique and attractive product identity.
1. Food Packaging - Delve into the disruption potential of incorporating traditional cultural design elements into food packaging.
2. Convenience Food - Explore opportunities to develop convenient breakfast snacks that cater to busy consumers' needs.
3. Creative Design - Consider the impact of incorporating local cultural elements in branding and packaging design to attract consumers.