Perhaps one of the most highly anticipated events for skateboarding culture in 2018 is the Palace x Ralph Lauren drop. The collaboration marks an unconventional venture and the iconic brand's inaugural integration into the world of skateboarding. The collection was released in London after it had created sizable hype with its advertising materials -- from lookbooks and billboards to video trailers.
Highlights from the Palace x Ralph Lauren drop include a warm co-branded puffer jacket, as well as a graphic sweatshirt that features a "kickflipping Polo Bear." Of course, worth mentioning are the Polo-branded skate decks as well. The collaboration marks an interesting direction for Ralph Lauren, as the brand is extending itself to a more street-forward aesthetic.
Photo Credits: Ben Awin/ HYPEBEAST
The Palace x Ralph Lauren Collab is Highly Anticipated by Fans
1. Skateboarding Culture Collaborations - More iconic brands should consider collaborating with the skateboarding industry to tap into new markets.
2. Streetwear Fashion in High-end Brands - Fashion brands adapting streetwear into their design aesthetics is a trend that is gaining momentum and should be closely monitored by industry professionals.
3. Social Media Hype Marketing - The Palace x Ralph Lauren drop's multiple social media channels and marketing emphasizes the need for brands to actively engage customers through their digital channels.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry could benefit from pursuing collaborations with lesser known but trendy subcultures like skateboarding.
2. Sporting Goods - Sporting goods companies could explore collaborations with high-end fashion brands in order to tap into new revenue streams and expand beyond their core markets.
3. Marketing - Social media and influencer marketing are highlighted by the Palace x Ralph Lauren drop as effective marketing strategies to build hype around a product release.